A new Lightroom Preset – Punchy HDR
Sharing a Lightroom Preset that I have been using in Adobe Lightroom 4 (LR4) which creates a [tooltip text=”High Dynamic Range”]HDR[/tooltip] photo from your Single photo. To take the most advantage of this preset it is best suitable for RAW image format as opposed to JPEG. This is because, RAW file format has much more dynamic range so pushing the photo to various extremes still gives you a great result.
Don’t forget to share, your support helps us create more content.
Before (Raw File)
The photo below is straight out of the camera in RAW format, no editing done.
You can see the image is very dark and notice the histogram is also compressed.
After we apply the Lightroom Preset Punchy HDR, notice the histogram how it pops up to life and well the result is just amazing!!
Before and After
[box type=”shadow”] The preset will be a great starting point for you but feel free to tweak the settings to get the best out of your photo. If you like our Free Preset, leave us a comment or share with your friends online[/box]
Watch the video below to get started with installing the preset and start using it on your computer. Steps are the same for Lightroom 4 or Lighroom 5.
- Unzip the downloaded file in any desired folder.
- Launch your Lightroom 4 on your computer
- Switch to Develop Module and navigate to the Preset>User Presets in the left panel
- Right Click on “User Presets” folder and select Import
- Locate the folder where you unzipped the downloaded file
- Select the Preset and click Import
- And your Preset is installed